Have you ever heard about the vCard file format (Virtual Contact File)? What is it and how is it work for us? Are you finding a reliable solution to convert contacts list from excel to vCard or .vcf file? Then, you are landed in the right place in this article we have provide the best easy way to perform this task efficiently.
As everyone knows, contacts play an important role in our personal life as well as business. Therefore, vCard is a popular file format for storing contacts data and information such as Name, Phone Number, Email Address and many more things. To save our contacts details into an Excel file is now an old trend. In the recent date, every application, device and operating system support the vCard file format. In fact, it is not a simple or easy task to convert excel sheet to VCF file properly.
Note: If your Excel File is corrupt or damaged, you cannot open it. Then, you need to repair excel file first. After repairing the Excel Spreadsheet you can easily extract the contacts information from it.
Well, keep calm! It becomes complex for users to transfer / import XLS address book to a .vcf file. Let us explore what users says to convert excel into vcf file query:
Corporate User Query
“I am the manager of the development field in an organization. So, being a manager, I have lots of work to do at the same time and need to move from one branch to another frequently. Now, it becomes a little bit difficult for me to carry my laptop always with me. As a manager, it is really important for me to 24×7 access to my Excel contacts. So, kindly someone suggests me that how to convert contacts List from Excel to vCard simply. Thank you!”
Benefits of Importing Address Book Data from Excel Sheet to vCard or VCF File
- Easily Share information on numerous Digital platforms like Email Clients, Messenger, Application, Whatsapp, Cloud, Android, and iPhone Devices.
- The User can view and read all the information in a mentioned platform without using other external software.
- Virtual Contact Files are small in size so its easy to manage
Henceforth, in the upcoming section, we are going to discuss a manual method to users understand how to transfer Excel spreadsheet to vCard in an efficient and effective way.
2 Techniques to Convert Contacts List from Excel to vCard or .vcf File
Nowadays, a number of applications are available that, transfer excel sheet to vCard format. Here we recommend one of the best software, entitled as SysTools Excel to vCard Converter. This utility easily Convert multiple contacts from Excel to VCF format in a quick manner. It creates an individual .vcf file for each contact. Also, the tool supports Window 10 and all other below versions.
Steps to Convert Excel XLS / XLSX to VCF vCard File Format
- Open your Excel file in Microsoft Office to export / convert XLS contacts to VCF
- Then, Maintain the Spreadsheet Data if not maintained
- Click on the Files and Hit the Save as to Convert Contacts List from Excel to vCard
- Hit on Browse option and select the location (path) where you want to store the file
- Now, select the CSV(Comma delimited)(*.csv) in Save as type
- After this, free Download Excel to vCard Converter Software and install it in your system
- Then, add and preview the excel file database to convert excel sheet to VCF
- Display the list of match attributes
- Successfully Converted Excel contacts list to vCard format.
How to Convert Excel to VCF Manually?
- First, you have to Maintain the Excel file properly
- Save this XLS / XLSX file into the CSV file format
- Now, type Win + R and hit on the Start button or type contacts
- After this, in the contacts Windows select Import option in the navigation bar.
- Then, select the (CSV) Comma Separated Value field
- Browse the location of CSV file within your system to Convert Contacts List from Excel to vCard
- Select the desired CSV and click on the Next option of CSV import interface
- Now, you need to Map the Attributes of Excel file with Text field to export excel spreadsheet address book to vCard format.
- In the next step, you have to hit on Finish button and again select CSV option to move excel data to VCF files
- Now, you have to see the Exported Contacts data from the Excel. Choose the contacts which you to Convert from Excel file to vCard.
- After selecting the contacts, click on the Export option and select vCard folder for converting excel spreadsheet to vCard
- Then, Browse the location, you need to save the converted contacts data within your local machine. Hit on Export option again.
Drawbacks of Manual Approach
- It can be tricky and confusing also non-technical users difficult to perform.
- Risk losing a lot of important information during the conversions.
- It is lengthy as well as time-consuming too.
In today’s arena, the most common search is how to convert contacts list from excel to vCard file format. Therefore, in this post, we have discussed a manual way to transfer contacts from excel to VCF as well as we are suggested a commercial way i.e., Excel to vCard Converter through which one can simply move / convert Excel contacts list to vCard in an efficient way.